Applications to graduate studies act as the application for financial support. Offers of financial support accompany most offers of admission for students admitted to Forestry and Wildlife Ecology. Most students hold research assistantships (RA's). The availability of RA's is limited. They carry a stipend, which is $22,081 for 12 months (2016/17), a remission of tuition, and the option to participate in a health-care plan comparable to that available to faculty. A posting of open assistantship positions within the department may also be located on the department's Graduate Training Opportunities webpage and students are strongly encouraged to contact faculty members in their interest area to inquire about upcoming open positions.

International students should refer to the International Applicant Financial Information website when preparing their applications. International students should submit their financial information only after a favorable admission decision has been made.

There are usually very few teaching assistantship (TA) positions available in Forest & Wildlife Ecology however, there are many opportunities on campus to secure such a position. Students supported by TA positions should contact their advisor for a list of potential departments to contact.

In-course students are encouraged to apply for funding for their graduate education. Students and applicants are encouraged to check the Graduate School's list of external fellowships. Although the department is committed to supporting students who continue to make good progress, there is considerable satisfaction and prestige associated with obtaining scholarships or grant support.

Last updated: July 25, 2016 (SR)

Drupal 6 Appliance - Powered by TurnKey Linux